Before I get onto my reading, I want to mention that you can read an excerpt from Blue Magic at Tor.com, here:
The gate had been stalking Will Forest ever since he arrested his wife. It grew into bare patches of wall in his various hotel rooms and his quarters at Wendover Air Force Base; it had taken over a discreet corner of the kitchen of the Oregon home he so rarely returned to. It turned up in his peripheral vision in restaurants, TV stations, and shops. An archway of brambles, seven feet high, it pushed through drywall and hardwood with apparent ease. Its slats were a blue-tinged wood; its handle was a carved ram’s horn.
While you’re doing that, what am I reading?
I like to mix up fiction and no-fiction, so I’ve gone to a book Snuffy gave me awhile ago… To Each Their Darkness, by Gary A. Braunbeck. I had started this and then hit one of those technofails that happen with e-readers, and got derailed.
So, a book on writing. And then hopefully the new Donn Cortez, Remote, which is in the same peculiar e-hell, and which made me think of it in the first place.
Previously read in 2012
1. The Swerve: How the World Became Modern by Stephen Greenblatt
2. Among Others, by Jo Walton
3. Atlantic: Great Sea Battles, Heroic Discoveries, Titanic Storms, and a Vast Ocean of a Million Stories, by Simon Winchester
4. Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis
5. Stone Spring, by Stephen Baxter